From My Clients
I was very surprised how much I really enjoyed and learned from this class. Debra is the best teacher I have had in a very long time. Loved it!
--Lisa, Wilmington, NC
--Martha, Raleigh, NC
Very well presented and in a very serene environment. One of the best CE courses I have experienced. Have been a massage therapist since 1988.
-- PS, Wilmington, NC
This course, experience and instructor not only allowed me to release and ground myself unlike anytime previously, but empowered and reassured me that my perceptions, intuition and degree of energy absorption is very relative and unique to each session and with each practitioner. Thank You!
-- Kristi, Wilmington, NC
Debra is a gifted teacher!!! She is clear, thoughtful, fun, and motivating. I loved learning from her and look forward to studying more and learning more from her in the future.
-- Catherine, Wilmington, NC
Debra was an amazing teacher. She created such an open, healing, trusting environment. I would love to take another class from her. She is a very wise, intuitive and powerful healer. It was an honor to be in her class.
-- Mara, Wilmington, NC
Debra is a natural-born teacher with a passion for Reiki and skills to match!
-- Suzi, Wilmington, NC
I am so excited to apply everything I learned this weekend to my massage practice and day to day life.
-- Rachael, Wilmington
This experience is beyond words. Debra did a wonderful job explaining, opening space and allowing the atunement to open and reiki to work its magic.
-- Amber, Wilmington
Besides being a gifted teacher in presenting material and supporting learning—the quality of materials and thoughtfulness in their presentation as well as content is superior! Thank you!
Shannon, Hillsborough, NC
Absolutely fabulous teacher who presented the materials with an extraordinarily high level of knowledge and interaction with her students.
-- Diane, Wilmington, NC
Excellent! So happy this was part of my journey!!!
-- Christina, Wilmington, NC
I will recommend this course to clients as well as colleagues.
-- Joy, Wilmington, NC
This is my 2nd time taking Reiki II, but w/a new instructor and new place. Excellent experience! The course material was well presented. The manner of instruction was suitable to all learning types.
-- Ginger, Hillsborough, NC
I so appreciate all the modalities you brought in (music, art, sacred space, stones). Your presence, cadence, manner of communication, and honoring of your students’ ideas and experience is greatly appreciated and is a gift to your students. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your authenticity.
-- M. M., Boone, NC
Reiki II — Serve
Reiki is a holistic system of healing that uses natural, universal life energy for the purpose of creating health, well-being and personal, spiritual growth. In this three level system, the second degree of Reiki builds on the personal practice begun in Level I. The students’ connection and understanding of the use of Reiki energy deepens. This Reiki II class is taught in the tradition of Mikao Usui, of Japan, as westernized by Hawayo Takata of Hawaii. A broader knowledge of its history, philosophy, ethical considerations and scope of practice are introduced to students at this level. In classes that teach Reiki, an attunement process is performed for each person wishing to access the energy as a healing modality. It can then be used either as a stand-alone treatment technique or as an adjunct to massage or other bodywork. The second level or degree of Reiki requires one attunement to expand the pathway in the chakra system created by the four attunements received in Reiki I. Students receive their Level II initiation from the Master Level instructor during the Reiki class.
Reiki Level II provides
- A brief review of the seven chakras of the human body and how the function of each might influence physical, mental and/or emotional health. The energy of the chakras is also applied to acts of service at this level.
- Review of traditional hand placements and a scanning technique for administering Reiki energy
- Connection to three of the sacred Reiki symbols; their names/sounds (kotodama), drawings, meanings and uses
- A guided meditation to connect with a personal Reiki guide to increase confidence, and perceptual abilities, and to “lock-in” the deep connection to this new level of awareness.
- Application of the first two symbols learned in a guided exchange of Reiki.
- Instruction in the use of the third sacred symbol to make transference of Reiki energy possible without touch, otherwise stated as “distance healing”
- Controlled practicum for distance work to a recipient pre-determined by the instructor
- De-briefing leading students to make observations, garner realizations and consider possibilities for future work using this symbol and its possible uses
- Additional techniques for self-assessment, clearing and strengthening the energy field and grounding, including practices used in Dr. Usui’s clinic.
- Studies documenting the use and efficacy of Reiki in medical settings, information about professional Reiki organizations and suggestions for advanced reading.
- A safe and sacred learning environment.
- A Reiki Master who is available to respond to questions, experiences or concerns
Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.Hippocrates
Reiki is Wisdom and Truth.Hawayo Takata
It is the wish of Wakean Tanka, (The Creator), that the light enters the darkness that we may see not only with our two eyes, but the one eye which is of the heart and with which we see and know all that is true and good.Black Elk