Debra is a gifted teacher!!! She is clear, thoughtful, fun, and motivating. I loved learning from her and look forward to studying more and learning more from her in the future.
-- Catherine, Wilmington, NC
Debra was an amazing teacher. She created such an open, healing, trusting environment. I would love to take another class from her. She is a very wise, intuitive and powerful healer. It was an honor to be in her class.
-- Mara, Wilmington, NC
Debra is a natural-born teacher with a passion for Reiki and skills to match!
-- Suzi, Wilmington, NC
I am so excited to apply everything I learned this weekend to my massage practice and day to day life.
-- Rachael, Wilmington
This experience is beyond words. Debra did a wonderful job explaining, opening space and allowing the atunement to open and reiki to work its magic.
-- Amber, Wilmington
Besides being a gifted teacher in presenting material and supporting learning—the quality of materials and thoughtfulness in their presentation as well as content is superior! Thank you!
Shannon, Hillsborough, NC
Absolutely fabulous teacher who presented the materials with an extraordinarily high level of knowledge and interaction with her students.
-- Diane, Wilmington, NC
Excellent! So happy this was part of my journey!!!
-- Christina, Wilmington, NC
I will recommend this course to clients as well as colleagues.
-- Joy, Wilmington, NC
This is my 2nd time taking Reiki II, but w/a new instructor and new place. Excellent experience! The course material was well presented. The manner of instruction was suitable to all learning types.
-- Ginger, Hillsborough, NC
I so appreciate all the modalities you brought in (music, art, sacred space, stones). Your presence, cadence, manner of communication, and honoring of your students’ ideas and experience is greatly appreciated and is a gift to your students. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your authenticity.
-- M. M., Boone, NC
Reiki I — Awaken
This Reiki I class is taught in the tradition of Mikao Usui of Japan. Its history, philosophy, ethical considerations and scope of practice are taught to students at this level. By following steps taught by a trained Reiki Master/Teacher, anyone is able to direct the “light energy” of Reiki to meet individual needs of self and others. In classes that teach Reiki, an attunement process is performed for each person wishing to access the energy as a healing modality. It can then be used either as a stand-alone treatment technique or as an adjunct to massage or other bodywork. The first level of Reiki requires four attunements to fully open to the flow of the energy through the chakra system. The students receive their attunements from the Master Level instructor during the Reiki class.
This Reiki Level I course provides:
- An introduction to the human energy system. Students will explore the traditional seven-chakra energy system of the human body through the auditory, visual, olfactory, and kinesthetic senses.
- A method of self-care, and personal/spiritual growth an essential practice often neglected in our culture and especially by professional caregivers.
- A path to empowerment and a way to honor another person; the true posture of service in the healing arts.
- The traditional hand placements for self -treatment
- Techniques for grounding personal energy, positive affirmations for focus, and meditations for self-assessment
- A system that can be used to assist others in maintaining, approaching or achieving physical, mental and emotional balance.
- Traditional hand placements and pacing ,giving a sound and practical structure to the process as individual style and intuition develops.
- An energy scanning technique to locate areas wanting attention in a client’s body
- A safe and sacred learning environment.
- Guidance by the instructor to begin to feel the subtle energy body with attention to individual differences in perception.
- A brief yoga practice designed to ground the energy of each chakra of the participants as they prepare to leave the learning environment.
- A Reiki Master who is available to respond to questions, experiences or concerns
Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.Hippocrates
Reiki is Wisdom and Truth.Hawayo Takata
It is the wish of Wakean Tanka, (The Creator), that the light enters the darkness that we may see not only with our two eyes, but the one eye which is of the heart and with which we see and know all that is true and good.Black Elk